Hill ‘n Dale originally opened in 1954 as a private hunting club. In 1990, the main sporting clays course was opened. This course, called the woods course, remains open year round and is the signature course at the club. The wooded portion of the course offers many challenging shots using the natural terrain of many gullies and ponds. There are also some stations located along open field strips bordered by tall pine trees that had served as hunting fields in prior years. These field stations are complemented with some high presentations from 2 towers of 50 and 60 feet.